Saturday, March 23, 2013

NYO Practice

NYO is going great with the high schoolers!  I only have 2 girls, and one is in junior high, but it's cool.  We have 1 kid who hit 102" on 1 foot high kick in practice on Wednesday.  Another kid who hit 86" today in practice on Alaskan High Kick.  I have one kid who's really good at a lot of the events.  Another who went to states his 7th grade year for Wrist Carry, but his back is hurting horribly right now so I'm worried about him playing... Wow!  Awesome team!!!  We are hosting the whole district on April 12 & 13 so we'll have about 144 kids from other villages here....ahhhhhh!!!!
1 Foot High Kick...He's made it to 92"

Alaskan High Kick...He's made it to 86" in practice.

We had our Junior High Basketball players travel this weekend for the Up River / Down River Tournament.  Since we have 12 schools and we have to stay in the schools, we break everyone up into 2 groups: Up River and Down River.  We're Down River.  Our boys legally won the Down River Tournament, but since it was a double elimination tournament, our athletic director said that we had to play again against the team we beat.  So then we lost.  Jerks.

I am coming back next year, signed my contract, and turned it in.  I'm excited.  I really do love it here.  Mom and Dad rented the cottage in July, so I'm excited to go up there again!!!  And Jamie and Mary's baby should be hatched by the time I get back to the Midwest, so I'll travel right away down to see them:).  I don't know where I'm living this summer yet...probably will stay at everyone's places again.  I don't know if my room will be available in Flint...Any takers?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment