Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Shopping in Anchorage...


URGH!!!!  I already wasn’t looking forward to flying for 31 hours to Michigan…who would?  But when I landed in Anchorage, everything seemed to be going well.  I booked a car pretty quickly.  That’s where everything that was going well, stopped going well.

I was given directions to Wal-Mart (the one with a Bush department)…however when I got where I needed to be, there was no Wal-Mart.  Luckily there was a Fred Meyer.  However, I hadn’t eaten anything all day, so I figured I’d go straight for a couple miles and there’d have to at least be a McDonald’s around.  Luckily…I saw the golden arches ahead.  Less than 2 miles away.  However, I also saw a Chinese restaurant.  Awesome!  I haven’t had restaurant food in months, I’ve been craving this, and I won’t have to eat the nasty, greasiness.  However, when I walked in…they were out of power.

I went looking for another Chinese restaurant for a few miles, but it really wasn’t worth it.  So off to the golden arches I was.  I pulled off into the parking lot and sat for about 10 minutes, ate, and just relaxed.  Then I was off.  As I was pulling out of the parking lot, I saw that the Chinese restaurant had their power back…urgh.

Then I was off to Fred Meyer.  I got there, went to customer service to make sure they had a Bush department…nope.  Well, I bought a few gifts and movies anyway.  Spent about $100.  Oh well.

Off to the second Fred Meyer (they gave me directions).  However, as I was driving, they told me to turn right on Minnesota…it was a highway.  You take the first right to go south or the second right to go north…I chose south because that’s the way it kept going.  Nope.  Wrong.

After about 45 minutes I got out my phone and used the map to get me to the Fred Meyer that was by where he was telling me to go.  I got there in about another 20 minutes.  I walked in, grabbed my cart, but I was going to make sure it was a Bush store…nope.  Urgh.  They gave me directions to another Fred Meyer…definitely this time.  I start going…after about 15 minutes and being next to the airport, I decided I needed my phone again.  It told me she told me to leave the parking lot to the left instead of turning right.  Urgh.

So I spent 25 minutes back tracking and finding a new place.  However, on my way I passed a Wal-Mart.  Great!  The original plan!  I walk in, go to customer service, ask if it has a Bush department….nope.  urgh.

Out to the car I go.  I get my map back out and follow the directions.  10 minutes later, I arrive at Dunbar Ln.  It’s a neighborhood…urgh.  I finally figure out which Fred Meyer they want me to go to, look it up on my phone…it’s Dubarr Rd that I’m supposed to be going to…urgh.

Now I have actually pulled off to the side of the road to write all of this down because I know I’ll miss a step or two with all the comical aspects.  Wow.  What a good start.  I’m gonna need a lot of Jack when I get home…

In case you were wondering: I did make it to the store that was correct.  I did buy my stuff.  I was in the  store shopping for no more than 20 minutes.  I spent almost 5 hours looking around the city for the store with a Bush department...Oh Bush...How I love thee.........

1 comment:

  1. OK , I know we just saw you at Christmas but I've not known you to be this quiet for this long. Surely something is going on in the "bush"!
    Tim

    ReplyDelete